Re: how do 68k Macs boot?

It is summarized in one of the Inside Macintosh books, but if I remember
correctly, it basically goes like this:

1) init hardware
2) read SCSI driver off found SCSI devices
3) read boot sector off of disk with blessed folder
4) boot sector opens 'System' resource fork and loads a resource (I don't
remember which one) and then executes it