Re: woohoo! glibc 2.2.1-1 building OK

On Wed, Mar 07, 2001 at 12:02:52AM +1100, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 06, 2001 at 12:50:41PM +0100, Roman Hodek wrote:
> >
> > > I have the latest gcc-2.95 source (2.95.3.ds4-6) and the latest
> > > binutils, with the ld patch, both compiled for potato. The libc6
> > > build is mostly compiled and seems to be working fine! At least,
> > > ld.so is not crashing on everything like it was before.
> >
> > That sounds promising :) Have you also tested with libs? ldd crashed
> > only on libs AFAIK.
>
> On my previous build, almost anything run with the new ld.so would
> crash. It seems to be working OK on the recompiled one though (still
> not finished).
Can you explain why the packages built on my amiga do not work on your mac?
While they work on everbody(?) elses machines?
FYI I am building glibc 2.2.2 with kernel-headers 2.2.10 (not 2.4.x), as
suggested by Michael F., maybe that does the trick (should at least fix the
hostname issue).

> > Can you copy the packages to kullervo when you're finished? I should
> > install them in the chroot ASAP.
>
> OK. How do I do that?
scp * hamish@m68k.debian.org:.
but maybe you don't have an account yet?

Christian
--
http://people.debian.org/~cts/debian-m68k/potato