Re: XF86Setup - need help.

>hi all!
>can anybody tell me the correct entries for ADB-mouse in /etc/X11/XF86Config?
>(quadra 700/68040; debian m68k potato)
>i don't know the reason why, but it seems impossible for debian to
>run XF86Setup, ~Config, xf86config or anything like these on my

am quoting almost directly from the message Henry Garcia sent replying to
my question on the same topic in the linux-mac68k mailing list:

edit your XF86Config file in the /etc/X11/ directory
If you're going to use the gpm program, then edit the pointer section as

    Protocol    "Microsoft"
    Device      "/dev/gpmdata"

Or else kill the gpm program before starting X and edit as follows

    Protocol	"BusMouse"
    Device	"/dev/mouse"

If your set-up is like mine, then you will not have gpm (you have to load
it in addition to X from tasksel) so the second option above should work.

Thank Henry for this. It works for me either way.  I have other problems
with X, but that's for another time.