Re: call for ports to begin using 2.4.0 headers for glibc

On Tue, Jan 16, 2001 at 09:11:08PM +0000, Philip Blundell wrote:
> >> Did the HP series 300/400 hardware ever get added to the supported m68k
> >> platform list?
> >
> >There are no kernel-images for it, right now we only have amiga, atari, mac
> >and two vme flavours. I don't remember seeing HP as an option in the kernel.
>
> I think the last kernel I had running on an HP was 2.1.130 or so.
> It's probably time to try to get a newer version to work. :-)
Hmm, seems I was wrong. After a close look at the kernel, there is support
for HP, now if I finally learn how to use kernel-package, I can build you a
kernel-image:
dpkg-deb: building package ernel-image-2.2.17-mac' in
../kernel-image-2.2.17-mac_2.2.17-1_m68k.deb'.
rm -f -r debian/tmp-image
rm -f stamp-build
touch stamp-image
dpkg: warning, architecture `m68k-none' not in remapping table
[...]
Makefile:213: arch/m68k-none/Makefile: No such file or directory

I forgot to update the control file and changelog. However dpkg does not
seem to recognize the subarch?

If somebody sends me a config file, I will try to build an image anyway.
Right now, it does not look complete to me, no SCSI driver, only one
network driver (LANCE), IDE? No frambuffer or do you have an ATI board?
How do you boot a HP, tftp? Do you need any special tools?

I am not sure if its worth it, which processor do these boxes have, 030? Or
something "fast"?
As Michael said, for casual testing you can use kullervo (which is quite
busy I guess, but with the chroot, you can test all distributions).

Christian
--
First they ignore you. Then they laugh about you. Then they fight you.
And then you win. [Mahatma Gandhi]      http://people.debian.org/~cts/