Re: Atlanta Linux Showcase - Possible Birds of a Feather Session?

On Wed, 6 Sep 2000, Ray Knight wrote:

> I am located in the Atlanta area and have been involved as a volunteer
> with the Atlanta Linux Showcase for the past two years.  I'll be
> volunteering again this year.  The Showcase will be from October 10-14
> in Atlanta.  If there are enough interested linux-mac68k
> developers/users who will be attending the Showcase, I'd like to arrange
> a Birds of a Feather meeting/code hacking session.  I could supply at
> least 4 working Mac's (Quadra 950, IIfx, II ci w/DayStar '040, and IIvx)
> and could possibly arrange to borrow more for the developers to hack
> on.  Debian usually has a booth at the show, perhaps we could arrange to
> display a few different models of the Mac running Debian Potato at their
> booth (or at least one).  I'd like to do something to try to drum up
> some support and/or enthusiasm for the m68k effort.   I'd also invite
> anyone working on the other m68k architectures as I'd like to get the
> HP9000/300 I have running Linux as well.

I could probably make it out there but I'll need a bit of info, like
namely how to go about getting passes or whatnot to the show and how much
they'll set me back. :) But let's just say I could _really_ use the
vacation and this would give me an excuse to actually leave Michigan for a
bit.

I've got a few Macs I could bring if needed...a IIfx, SE/30, 660AV,
PB190cs and a PB180. I'd probably want to end up hacking on a IIfx or
660AV in the end, unless someone can convince me to lose or sanity over
PMUv1 ADB :)

--
funaho@jurai.org             | If you can't hear me it's because I'm in
http://www.jurai.org/~funaho | parentheses.