Re: Kiosk on a Quadra 650 and Slink?

>they have the Q650 listed as "?" for booting also no "ADB" support, what is

are you sure you're not confusing Q650 with 950?  the reason I ask is that
I've had Linux and Debian running on a 650 for a long time...and adb does
work and has for years on that box...but, there are issues...such as can
you get it all together on that box with the current stable or bleeding
edge kernels, and the answer there is probably no...but even that
depends..
depends on whether or not you have Nubus video and/or ethernet cards, and
such...

on the 650, the onboard ethernet works fine...at least it does here...but
I have trouble getting X to work...the FBDev on the older 'stable' kernel,
2.0.36, has trouble, but that works fine on the 2.2.10's IF you can get
them to work...I can't

I don't know what a 'kiosk' is, but if you don't need to run X on the
server, what you need/want is probably ok on that box...

If you have what you need with a 2.0.36 kernel you'll be fine...I've run
that one on a 650 for weeks on end...the 2.2.10's are a different animal
and if they work at all, it won't last long...at least thats been my
experience with it...on either a Q840 or 650...