Re: new boot-floppies

On 20-Apr-00 Christian wrote:

>> That didn't help much for me. To make the installation of modules work I
>> had to copy everything from /target/lib/modules/2.2.10/ to
>> /lib/modules/2.2.10/
>> from /target/lib to /lib? Hmm, thats the wrong way around... are you
>> sure?
> Maybe you copied modules.conf too late? It only worked for me, when I
> copied just after selecting the point "drivers+modules" but before
> actually installing a module. At this time /etc/modules.conf has just
> been created (it does not exist before it seems). There is a warning that
> one file is newer than another, ignore that. I deleted the text file,
> Andreas (one of you), can you please explain what I wrote in the letter
> which was with the CD? But then I hope this will be fixed soon, since
> this bug is present for all architectures at the moment I think.

In the letter you wrote:
------------------------------------
Install operating system and modules
Configure device driver modules
Before installing any module:

alt-f2 <return>
cp /etc/modules.conf /target/etc/
alt-f1 <return>

After that you can install modlules. There is a warning:

Note: /target/etc/modules.conf is more recent than
/lib/modules/2.2.10/modules.conf

you can ignore that.

Haven´t had the time to test the installation yet, sorry! Maybe today or
tommorrow....

Regards
--

  Andreas Meyer