Re: m68k boot-floppies ready

On Thu, Apr 13, 2000 at 09:49:04PM -0500, Clay Ginsburg wrote:
> anyway, is there an email list for this?
isnt this good enough?

> note about the boot info: file locations might be different, and
> which files needed might be due to what will be used(i.e. i haven't
> looked around for a hqx encoder yet to create some prefs for Penguin
> 18)
what about penguin18? Do you want it in or not (17 instead?). If you want
it, I need it in the same format as penguin17, whichever that is. Together
with the prefs.

 you now need to obtain a few files. Information on obtaining the files
 is listed below.

 Penguin-18.sit:
do you mean people have to get this sit file? Or only the decompressor?

 linux:  This is the kernel.
Well, this one should be on the CDs, shouldnt it? No need to get it (unless
you have severe problems).
Same for root, resc.bin and co.

 These files may also be avaiable
                             lable (ispell is your friend :-)

Oh, do you really have to list every single file and its location? I think
at least you should replace "stable" with "potato".

Its not debian/linux but Debian/GNU Linux (check the exact spelling on some
official page).

When you talk about bin and compressed (tgz) files, perhaps should tell
users _not_ to try to decompress them? People happen to have strange ideas..

I did not read all of the text, but I think its mainly for use together with
the CDs, so you can consider that the user has allready all the files? Just
tell him where to get them by ftp, ie just the directory, not every single
file, I think even mac users have that much imagination (*DUCK*).
If penguin18 is necessary, somebody please prepare and give it to me.
Also, if you want all mac install files in some archive, so that mac users
just have to download one file and unpack this, somebody please prepare
this. I am not sure, if this can be installed in the archive, but we can
find some other place for it maybe.

Christian
--
Read the FAQ!                     http://www.linux-m68k.org/faq/faq.html
Download the FAQ!   ftp://ftp.uni-erlangen.de/pub/Linux/680x0/FAQ/FAQ.gz