RE: PEX X font errors on SE/30...(was: Xserver/Xwindows on SE/30)

Not quite sure what that means, but...  (If you're referring to the fact
that I'm using an MSN account, it's because I got in on the $400 'free
Microsoft money' thing a while back, and I'm just waiting for my rebate
check before cancelling the MSN account...  Then I'll switch to a good local
ISP.)

> Who designed that hardware? And why would anyone want to run X on such a
> display? But ok... look at your XF86Config or mine, which has a
> few comments

Well, this is one of the 'compact Macs' that are good for small form-factor
servers.  (See http://lowendmac.net/compact/se30.shtml for more info on the
system we're using.)  This particular Macintosh is capable of holding 128MB
of memory, and will take as large a SCSI drive as will fit in the 3.5"x1.6"
space.  I'm planning on putting 64MB of RAM along with a 9.1GB drive in it
and making it my firewall/web server.  Using the MacOS, I've been using it
as a Netscape terminal on my dining room table for a year now.  It just
looks so 'cute' there.
And, remember, the basic form factor was designed in 1984 to be one of the
first consumer GUI computers, so they made due with the technology they
could cram into a 13.6" x 9.6" x 10.9" box...  (Including the built-in 9"
monochrome screen.)

> Which has to be adapted to your system (when you install X on potato, you
> will be notified that you might have to edit this). And what do
> you have to
> change? You guessed it, DefaultColorDepth 1 (1bit, right?)

A-ha!  Well, now I'll know for when I do this, hopefully Michael can verify
that it works on this system before I try...

> Now, didnt I write that in my FAQ?

Ah, plain lazyness like the rest of us!

> Good luck!

Thanks, I'll need it.