Re: Install with new potato boot-floppies

Gene Heskett sends Greetings to Michael Schmitz;

>> > Christian forgot to compile in loop device support it seems.
>> Yup, but as I said, a new image should be in incoming. I also rebuilt your
>> atari image, with your config file. Can you test tht, Michael?

>Sure, where is it?
>
>> Some more things I noted, the amiga.lzh archive needs to be overhauled, new
>> icons (nearly finished), new directory structure, all bf files are in
>> images-1.44, no longer in debian. So I just move amiboot and the scripts
>> also to install-1.44?

>Yikes. Can lha make symlinks that work on AFFS?

A better question might be 'do they work in the linux affs?'

I have several versions of the amigados lha, and the answer is not to my
knowledge as links in amigados have been drain bamaged from the gitgo.
I do have a message sitting here telling me to go get package so-and-so
which fixes all that.  Its on aminet, util/boot/fixlinks-0.5.lha.  But
that probably won't fix our lha.

>> There was no debian-amiga.txt... I copied the install.txt from slink, this
>> file desperately needs some work...

>Possible. I've not had time to work on any of these docs.

>> amiboot and the scripts dont have the "x" flag set in the lha file created,
>> but they should be all executable? How do these flags map to AOS, there was
>> something weird...

>There's a separate script attribute for AOS I think. No idea how that
>translates to Unix, or what to tell lha to set this bit.

AFAIK, it doesn't.  So the amiga user needs to be instructed to set that
bit, along with the exec bit, manually after the decompression.  Or you
could put a series of 'protect +s filename' statements in the unpack
script to be exec'd while ados is still running.  You may have to expand
on the +s to +srwx for some of it.

>> The amigainstall.lzh file lists the contents as packed with lh6, when I
>> tried it once to unpack such an archive, lha on the Amiga failed, seems I
>> have to force lha in the scripts to create .h5 files... what about atari?

Which amiga lha was that?