Mac Installation Instructions

This is an excerpt from a message I sent to the list for mac users.  Someone
suggested I re-post it here.

<begin>
In short, my experience leads me to the conclusion that the directions that
come with the installer could use some revision.  Here is a case in point :

"If installing from CD-ROM, double click on the 'Penguin' icon in the
/install/mac directory on the CD.  Do this after you have copied the
Penguin18.hqx file to your hard drive, deBinHexed and unpacked it.  Put
root=/dev/ram in the kernel options and set the kernel and ramdisk path."

Now here is my commentary.  First of all, from my experience installation
from CD is not even really possible.  Second, "Do this after..."  does not
really seem appropriate in installation instructions.  Personally I prefer
basically an exact list of steps -in the order they need to be completed-
with directions to skip steps if necessary.
<end>

I am currently working on a revised set of instructions that I will submit
to the group working with this port on the mac.  I will try to be sure that
it gets to someone who will be able to fold it into the 68k tree in place of
the current instructions if they find that appropriate.  I assume that
person might be on this list.
					Gearry