Re: Keyboard problem

Richard Zidlicky writes:
[...]
> hack ~/.Xmodmap. Save current settings with 'xmodmap -pke', watch
> output of 'xev' and play with it.

Christian T. Steigies writes:
[...]
> If you do not have those lines, here is a copy and a few other goodies:
>
> ! Amiga keyboard
> keycode 73 = BackSpace
> keycode 78 = Delete

 Ok, I uncommented these, and then the fun _really_ started.

 Backspace works now, but only in xterm, not Gnome-terminal or rxvt.

 xmomdmap/xev still tells me that key 73 = Delete.

 Following a comment in Xmodmap, I commented out XkbdDisable in
 XF86Config, but the result was total glibberish (raw keycodes?)