Re: Keyboard problem

On Tue, Nov 14, 2000 at 01:11:55AM +0000, Lars Hecking wrote:

>  Plain 2.2 on a 3000 with US keyboard.
>
>  No amount of stty fiddling gets the backsapce key to work under X,
>  it acts kust like delete.
>  Works fine on the console, but not with X. What can I do?
Edit /etc/X11/Xmodmap. There should be an Amiga section, just uncomment the
relevant lines. If you know a trick how to do this by default and still have
it work on amiga, atari, mac and more, tell me and it might be in next time.

If you do not have those lines, here is a copy and a few other goodies:

! Amiga keyboard
keycode 73 = BackSpace
keycode 78 = Delete
! needed to get an @ on Amigas with Alt_R 2
keycode 0x6C =  Alt_L           Meta_L
keycode 0x6D =  Mode_switch     Multi_key

clear Mod1
clear Mod3

add    Mod1    = Alt_L
add    Mod3    = Mode_switch

! @ with Alt_R Q as well
keycode 0x18 =  q               Q               at
! Euro Sign
keycode 0x1a = e                E               EuroSign
! ° with Alt_R 4
keycode 0x0c =  4               dollar          degree

Christian