Re: /proc/hardware

 On Tue, Oct 17, 2000 at 06:17:49PM +0200, Roman Hodek wrote:

> > But this is only one model. Falcon, FRAK/PAK modified models and the
> > 040 and 060 clones are still missing. (I cannot help with that.)
>
> Christian, you should be able to look up all the strings you need in
> the kernel sources. For each machine type, there should be
> arch/m68k/MACH/config.c that contains a function MACH_get_model().
You know I am lazy reading the docs, but thanks for the pointer. So a Q40
would just give "Model: Q40" and nothing more? Maybe that can be changed in
the boot-floppies, but I guess that requires a little more changes.
BTW boot-floppies, the problem we were seing in OL ("your m68k hardware is
not supported") was caused by a, lets say uncommon, definition of TRUE and
FALSE. Nick found it, works now.

Christian