Re: installing debian via nfs

tob wrote:
> hi folks!
> i installed the base system of debian m68k on a modified Macintosh Centris
> 610 ( upgradet with a 68040 proc) so far it works without a problem, now
> i downloaded the complete binary-m68k directory from ftp. uni-mainz.de
> to my intel linux machine, now i tried to install the packages via nfs.
> dselect found the right server and directory. now the problem:
> Dselect asks for the distribution top level , so i wrote binary-m68k the answer
> is: binary-m68k/main/binary-m68k does not exists
>
> what is wrong, any hints?

The standard directory-structure should be:
/dists/potato/main/binary-m68k
Assuming:  1) the distributions your trying to install is 'potato'
2) you've downloaded everything keeping the standard directory-structure
of the server.
The distribution-toplevel directory would the become /dists/potato. The
solution is this to copy everything from binary-m68k and down into a
directory 'main' somewhere, and pointing the install program to the
directory just above this 'main' diorectory.

Others please correct me if I'm wrong.
Hope this helps, Erik Laan.
Erik C.J. Laan   elaan@dds.nl (preferred), ecjlaan@hetnet.nl (messages