Re: kernel-image 2.2.16 (mac)

Here are the reults of my latest attempt with this kernel

Downloaded again, noticed the download was smaller than my previous
attempt, and unpacked.  The same error messages but this time a kernel and
associated map arrived in the /boot directory.  Copied the kernel to the
MacOS so that the penguin(17) could see it. Forgot to amend the vmlinuz
link to point to the new kernel.

Restarted with the new kernel which failed at the init stage with  lots of
errors displayed on screen to fast to note.  The existing filesystem
appears to have been corrupted -fsck reports the superblocks have been
corrupted.

Any ideas how I can recover ?

I used a mac client to download the .deb file might this be the cause of
any transmission induced file errors ?

Kind regards

Mark