Re: Installer won't boot on Mac IIcx

On Thu, Oct 05, 2000 at 08:02:42AM -0700, Richard Jeantheau wrote:
> My apologies if this has been covered before.  I am a
> newbie both to Debian and this list.
>
> I am attempting to install Debian on a Mac IIcx.  I
> have tried both potato and woody distributions with
woody? Its realeased? Cool, I do not have to waste time anymore...
You mean slink, don't you? If not, try slink instead, maybe it worked.
> the same result: after setting up Penguin with the
> path to the ram disk and kernel images, I hit "boot
> now"; after some diagnostics, Penguin reboots the
> machine; a penguin logo appears along with about five
> lines of text, then machine freezes.  I tried the same
> thing without any ramdisk, and the boot process got
> much further along, but still froze after many scsi
> errors.
>
> Is potato installable on a Mac IIcx?  Has anyone done
> it?  Can anyone tell me what I need to do differently?
Send us the boot messages. My crystal ball is out of order this week, so I
can not help you without any debug output, sorry. Just the usual things, you
have an MMU, FPU, enough Ram, tried Penguin17 and 18, selected the right
options, etc?

Christian