potato ugrade confusion

First of all a warm hi to everyone, I have been using this linux thing for
about 2 months now playing around and I think you guys have been doing an
absolutely awesome job. I still get chills down my spine when I see X
starting up on my old performa 630... I have a little problem, though, and
I'd appreciate any help. I am completely confused. The kernel image file on
the potato CD is called linux-kernel-2.0.something mac. Isn't that supposed
to be a 2.2 kernel? I installed the .deb file, everything went fine,
however it put the kernel file vmlinuz2.0.something into my /boot
directory. Doesn't that mean I'm using a 2.0 kernel, whereas I wanted the
2.2 kernel? The package also apparently installed a new directory into
lib/modules/2.0.something, again, why not kernel version 2.2? Finally, when
I do a uname -r I get kernel version 2.2. I'm completely confused. What do
I have now? Or does the boot.bin file on my mac partition used to boot into
linux contain the 2.2 kernel? Any ideas? What I'm trying to do is get those
modules working, but they all say they're compiled for an older version
(2.0.something) rather than 2.2.... Any help appreciated.

André