Re: Potato TestCycle 3 and CVision64

On Mon, Jul 31, 2000 at 01:59:35PM +0200, Allan Rasmusson wrote:
> Hi!
> 	Has anyone else had problems using a gfxcard when installing potato testcycle
> 3? No matter what videodevice I use my CVision 64 and scandoubler is not used.
> Even if I use
>
> amiboot-5.6 -d -k root.bin root=/dev/ram video=amifb:pal
>
> I don't get a picture. I succeded in installing debian by using my old adaptor
> and plugging the monitor into the amigas native video port and carefully
> typing
>
> amiboot-5.6 -d -k root.bin root=/dev/ram video=amifb:vga
>
> in front of a black screen. I was hoping the problem would be fixed during
> installation, but sadly it didn't. Any help?
Did it work for you with previous potato testcyle versions?
Did you try StartInstall_cv64? amigfb is for use with the native grafics,
cyber is for the CV64 card. Not sure how good the driver is in the 2.2.10
kernel, but I think I heard somebody was using it with more or less success.
If it doesnt work out for you, you might have to use the 2.0.36 kernel,
which AFAIK has better support for the CV64.

No idea about the scandoubler, internal, external, on (cv64) board? Can it
display all native (amifb) screens?

Can you send us a log, dmesg should be on the CDs now.

Christian
--
Read the FAQ!                     http://www.linux-m68k.org/faq/faq.html
Download the FAQ!   ftp://ftp.uni-erlangen.de/pub/Linux/680x0/FAQ/FAQ.gz