Re: What do you mean no SCSI support?

On Sat, 15 Jul 2000, Russell Hires wrote:

> I've been going through some of the hardware pages on
> http://www.mac.linux-m68k.org/development/macspecs.html, and I see that the
> Quadra 610 "requires" and 040, and that there is no SCSI support. How can
> that be? My Quadra 610 has no trouble at when it comes to my external SCSI
> drive, and it has no problem with my SCSI Zip drive, either! The 040 part
> should list the caveat about the bug in some of the LC040 chips, and say fpu
> emulation in the kernel is required...
>
> I'd mail this to the address on the bottom of the page, but it doesn't
> work...
>

> PS Who's maintaining these pages, anyway?

Those pages are horribly out of date. That reflects the status of the
project probably about a year or two ago, or more. Those pages haven't
maintained in a while- anybody with time to spend on the project works on
development, not documentation.

That said, check out maclinuxstatus.sourceforge.net. There's some more
updated stuff there. Quadra SCSI is, obviously, supported, and an FPU is
no longer required, although the LC040 bug is still an issue.

-Andrew