Re: Linux on PPC upgrades? [060 upgrades?]

> Anyway, a new idea and question for you brainies.  I see alot of upgrades for
> older 680x0 based machines, some use special cards, others plug into sockets,
> most have extra features (and the only ones that seem to plug into sockets
> are for the 68000, the rest are meant for a special bus card).
>
> So, here's the question.  I have found a socket adaptor for plugging in a
> 68060 into a 68040 socket.  Do you guys think it will work?  Linux + upgrade

I know someone tried to do that with a 040 upgrade card for the Falcon. As
far as I know, without success.

Please keep in mind that all m68k versions of Linux are booted using a
native OS program as boot loader, so you'd have to hack the native OS to
keep it from choking on the 060 as well.