Re: Where can I get a copy

On Wed, Jul 05, 2000 at 06:50:44PM +0100, Thomas Sj?lin wrote:

> Are there any Images of Potato for m68k? I have poked around but not found
> any. Though, it was a few weeks ago. Although I have a permanent connection
> via cable, installing from a CD is quite a bit faster in total. Since I
> just bought a burner it will make things easy for me to use CD's too. I can
> even help others to burn if theres' an interest for it.
Yes, there are some, but they have a problem currently, the StartInstall_*
scripts are missing. Michael Schlue. is trying to correct this with my new
bf build, but tomorrow I should be able to upload official 2.2.16
boot-floppies for m68k, so we can have official test cycle 3 images. I will
not give the adress where Michael stores them, I do not know how much
traffic he can handle. If you have a permanent connection, you should be
able to build them yourself with debian-cd and using my recent bf build.
You should be able to find official rsync mirrors somewhere on the debian
pages, I use a german one, there should be ones nearer to your place, search
the pages or the debian-cd/debian-boot list archives. There is a reason why
rsync is favoured.

> By the way. Cable and DHCP. I'm sorry to say that I won't be able to test
> that in the future. This month we're getting static IP-numbers. I don't
> know if that's good or bad. I haven't had any problems with that with the
> last boot-disks and never running the Amiga. But, in case that future
> boot-disks will have trouble I cannot check.
static IP is probably cool for you... say how much does a house cost up
north?
I dont think youre problems were m68k specific, other lucky guys will notice
if problems remain.

> Another thing. Isn't there any port of Netscape for m68k? Debian, RedHat or
> any other. Since there is a Netscape for m68k macs it shouldn't be
> impossible?
> Thought about trying that out for myself since the sources are avaliable.
> Though, I don't know how much work that would be, and if it is possible
> all.
Sources for netscape are available? Where??? You are talking about mozilla?
Its packages and even works little on m68k, last time I tried. Maybe its
only in woody though.

Christian