Re: which mac to buy?

Not the PowerPC machines (any mac with 4 digits is a PowerPC).

The Quadra 700 and the Quadra 610 -- I've got both! The difference between
the two I'm not sure in terms of performance, but the 700 is more expandable
-> two nubus slots, and a PDS slot as well, I believe. The 610 could have a
PDS slot, or it could have a nubus slot; but then again, with nubus you'd
have problems because of the "pizza box" the 610 finds itself in. The 610 is
also debatable because you don't know ahead of time what chip you're going
to have, either a '040 or an 'LC040...

Russell