From: "Ray Knight" <audilvr@speakeasy.org>
To: "Christian T. Steigies" <cts@debian.org>
Cc: "Eric Kurnie" <stuff@kurnie.com>; <debian-68k@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Tuesday, June 27, 2000 3:12 AM
Subject: Re: Potato boot floppies on Mac getting "invalid compressed format"

> "Christian T. Steigies" wrote:
> >
> > On Sat, Jun 24, 2000 at 11:15:29PM -0700, Eric Kurnie wrote:
> > > After searching the archives I found someone else that encountered the
same problem, but nobody followed up with a solution, so I thought I'd ask:

> > > I tried both the "macinstall.tgz" from
ftp://ftp.debian.org/pub/debian/dists/potato/main/disks-m68k/current/ and
also the 'mac' directory from the same place. In both cases whenever I try
running Penguin-18 with the "linux" kernel supplied I get the following
message:

> > >      GUnzipping Root:install:mac:linux
> > >      .
> > >      invalid compressed format (err=2)
> > >      Error:
> > >      Unable to read exec header from kernel file (sread error)
> > Hmm, when I try to boot my amiga with this kernel image, I get:
> > Compressed image too large! Aborting.
> >
> > Is this equivalent to your error code?
> >
> > Seems we have a problem, Michael?
> >
> > I only wonder what all the mac people who tested the install did. Did
you
> > all use a different kernel image? Maybe somebody can build a working
kernel
> > image? Preferably 2.2.10, everything else requires major hacking on the
> > boot-floppies (it might work to use a newer source, but the package must
be
> > named kernel-image_2.2.10-*).
> >
> > Christian
> >
> I didn't bother with the macinstall.tgz file.  I just downloaded the
> following files:

ftp://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/dists/potato/main/disks-m68k/current/mac/Peng
uin-18.hqx

ftp://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/dists/potato/main/disks-m68k/current/mac/linu

ftp://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/dists/potato/main/disks-m68k/current/mac/root
.bin