Re: kernel-patch questions

Michael Schmitz wrote:

< Much discussion chopped for brevity>

> All I can offer is a patch from 2.2.10-linus to my 2.2.10-mac68k but I'm
> sure that won't cover all of Nick's changes and you're better off with the
> debian patch set Nick made. Maybe someone throw in the setcap patch that
> went into 2.2.16. Volunteers, anyone?
>
>         Michael

Well, I have the 2.2.14 source from the Mac68K CVS and am about to try
to apply the 2.2.15 and 2.2.16 patches.  What might be helpful is the
config file you used for the 2.2.10 kernel that is on the 2.2.13 debian
boot-floppy images.  That 2.2.10 is extremly stable on my IIci and my
Q950.  If I can get a configuration that matches, but has the latest
source I can test running on the IIci, and Q950 and booting on a IIvx, a
IIx and a IIfx as well as providing diffs against the official 2.2.10
and an image for anyone else who wants to try it.  I think I can make
enough free time available to complete this by a week from tonight.  I
don't know if that will be sufficient for Potato though, and it will
need to be tested by the Atari and Amiga folks also, as I still haven't
found a network card for my Amiga.

Also, what compiler should I use to compile this?

Ray Knight
audilvr@speakeasy.org