Re: hwclock

JAG wrote:

> hwclock --systohc command doesn't seem to work...
>
> here is the syntax i use to change the time:
>
> date 0609125000
>
> that works fine. But whn I reboot, the time reverts back to the incorrect time.
>
> So I tried
>
> hwclock --systohc
>
> and i get
>
> mktim () failed unexpectedly (rc-1) Aborting.
>
> Debian Slink 2.1
> Mac SE/30 32 megs ram
>
> thanks
>
> jag
>
> --
> --
hwclock seems to be broken for some macs.  My Quadra 950 will hang if
hwclock is in the startup script.  Fortunately Ctrl-C will allow the
startup to continue.  I haven't had time to debug this, but I suspect
that Apple does not have a standard way of addressing the clock, as my
IIci does not have a problem with hwclock.

Ray Knight
audilvr@speakeasy.org