Re: hwclock

> > hwclock --systohc
> >
> > and i get
> >
> > mktim () failed unexpectedly (rc-1) Aborting.
> >
> > Debian Slink 2.1
> > Mac SE/30 32 megs ram
> Aiee... if you said Amiga, I would understand it. Macs also have a y2k
> problem? Was discussed in dec99/jan00 on linux-m68k. I think people agree on
> a fix in the kernel, but AFAIK nobody bothered to implement it yet.
> Or was it a y2k bug in hwclock _and_ in the kernel? I don't remember, please
> search the archives.

Macs have a generic problem, it's called
'No-one-knows-how-the-friggin-box-works'. There is no way to set the Unix
time other than having MacOS pass the correct time to the booter, and
there's no way to set the hw clock from Linux.
If that version of MacOS has a y2k problem, you need to fix either kernel
or booter to handle the broken time format.