Re: 68060

Michael Schmitz wrote:

> > an execuse to port it to that machine!
> >
> > *hides before they can throw a copy of windows98 bugs at me*
> >

> > >And is there a Linux kernel for it?

Honestly, I think not, yet.
It's kind of newer (not just patches on patches) and may require some
work...

> Well, donate a machine and I might just try it.

100% agreeing with you...

> <rant>
> On the other hand, I've seen (or heard mention of) so many bad Atari
> upgrade hacks, and so little effort from manufacturers to provide the
> necessary specs or even just access to their developers to have much hope
> in this case. I guess these manufacturers don't consider Linux important
> (after all, those who want Linux can go buy a nice new Intel or PPC
> machine).
> </rant>
>
> Without both a machine _and_ sufficiently detailed programming information
> it probably won't happen.
>
>         Michael

AFAIK, cretors of the machines seems to accept giving some tech infos.
(ATARI has always been a machine for hackers, and NO specs can be hidden
if they want a reliable machine.)