Re: stuck

>> Fatal server error:
>> Can't handle packed pixels with 0 bits per pixel
>
>Weird. The kernel framebuffer driver apparently doesn't know what screen

Michael,

Just to let you know that I did have Penguin-17 here...on this 840AV that
I use in MacOS to do my email as a matter of fact...hee hee...so I put it
on the other one and booted from it...

the problem is precisely the same as before...EXCEPT that now the colormap
is correct on the console...what I mean there is that when I boot using 15
its wrong, 'cause the screen is the wrong color when I run 'mc' for
example.

Now, booting from 17, its correct...or what it should be I should say...
before it was orange and red, not bad actually, but now its the blue that
I'd expect when using mc...that encouraged me when I saw that and thought
well, this just might resolve it, so tried the X....same thing..the
Xserver
bitches about not knowing what it needs to know...

paul