Re: stuck

>Weird. The kernel framebuffer driver apparently doesn't know what screen
>base address, bit depth and size your video card uses. The really strange

Michael...

Lon had suggested that I try a later kernel...which I have now also
done...d'lded 2.2.10-Oct15...AND, it fixes this problem!!  No more
FBDev issue...I also did get Penguin-18, but the Stuffit that I have
won't deal with it...so I'm using 17...

but alas, I still can't get X running...now the Xserver blows up because
it can't open the mouse!  There is a link in /dev...mouse --> adbmouse,
but there is NO device, adbmouse!  And MAKEDEV doesn't know how to make
one...

whats this about?

geez...
paul
PS--my mouse is a Kensington TurboMouse (trackball)...I hate mice!
  but I'm gonna try a real Apple mouse and see what happens...dmesg
  doesn't say anything about having found one, but it does say ADB init
  went ok and such...