Re: m68k boot-floppies ready

Hello Christian,

On 12-Apr-00, you wrote:

CTS> On Tue, Apr 11, 2000 at 07:05:49PM +0000, Lee Elliott wrote:
CTS>
CTS>> I had slink running ok on an A1500 + GVP G-Force 040 Combo (until
CTS>> the Picasso II failed). I'm pretty sure that it was a Series II
CTS>> SCSI but it doesn't say in the handbook - I checked.
CTS> I am only talking about the GVP-series II (HC+8) scsi controller
CTS> with RAM extension. No idea what g-force is/doesm if it uses the
CTS> same driver. I know that slink with 2.0.36 works fine when this
CTS> driver is compiled in. But I also know that it does not work with
CTS> 2.2.10, did you try a 2.2.10 kernel allready? We _have_ to use that
CTS> kernel version for potato.
CTS>
CTS> But it seem I have to leave that driver in. With a little luck my
CTS> kernel-image without this driver will also get installed. When the
CTS> system survies until the new image is installed everything is fine.
CTS> But of course it would be good, if somebody fixes the driver.
CTS>
CTS> Maybe the gforce owners can try kernel-image-amiga-noi-gvp-scsi
CTS> just to see of g-force is still supported or not? Again, I only
CTS> removed the series2 support, nothing else.
CTS> My machine has been running two days with this kernel, building
CTS> boot-floppies and xfree, so I consider it stable.
CTS>
CTS> Christian

The G-Force was an 040 accelerator + RAM (expen$ive GVP 64pin SIMMs) +
SCSI controller - I assume that the SCSI controller would have been the
same as that used in the HC+8 - they were around at the same time but I
think the G-Force was a newer item.  I only ran it with 2.0.x, probably
.36, which would explain why I didn't have any problems.  I'm afraid I
don't have an HD I can put in it now, to try a 2.2 kernel and I was
having problems with the FDs just before the video card failed.  And
I'd have to periodically re-seat Agnus.  Not a good system for s/w
testing.

Bye,

LeeE
--