Sometimes I wonder..

When I watch people writing pieces about problems with m68k. But after
experiencing a new installation of Debian on my laptop. I have to say "yes"
the Amiga in one sense does contain just one architecture. But lets not
forget various third party "add-ons" and the fact the A4k is different to
the A1200. But attempting an install on this x86 machine was MAD! With the
bigger differences in video hardware etc I can understand the problems with
x86 based machines. But it seemed crazy it would not even use a standard vga
16 colour server! I know exactly what the problems are.. just though next
time you feel like giving your aging hardware a bash (no pun intended).
Think about having a more widely developed version and not being able to get
the install to recognise the HD.

Please, I do understand the differences. Just thought I'd make some of you
feel a little better :)

Kind regards David.

PS. I still need ppl for the #linux-m68k channel on irc.dalnet.com. Remember
mainly weekends.. but if you are interested. Email me direct :))