Re: Potato boot floppies problems on MVME (was Re: MVME162, The saga continues.....)

On Thu, Apr 06, 2000 at 03:53:20PM +0100, Richard Hirst wrote:
> I've only got as far as partition harddisk so far, but I have base2_2.tgz
> so I'll continue and see what happens.

Worked ok on an MVME177, except base2_2.tgz had /dev/console as a link
to tty0, rather than major 5 minor 1.  That being wrong meant that on
the reboot you don't see many of the startup messages so don't know what
is happening.  Then you get "couldn't open initial console" and "failed
to load interpreter" (IIRC).  After quite a while it continued with
the install.
I modified base2_2.tgz and tried again successfully.

Richard