Re: libc5 support in X?

On Tue, Mar 14, 2000 at 09:55:11AM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 14, 2000 at 03:18:32PM +0100, Michael Schmitz wrote:
> > OK it seems we agreed that libc5 support for xfree86 can be dropped on
> > m68k anytime (the sooner the better, last time I built xfree it doubled
> > build times).
>
> In that case, I plan to drop Xlib libc5-compatibility for m68k in woody.
>
> We might as well retain it in potato, this close to the release.
Michael, did you read Brandens announcement by now?
Please, no more (unnecessary) changes to xfree, last time I built it, libc5
packages were built fine, and that is good. Its the first time since a very
long time that it worked. Lets let libc5 in for xfree-3.3.6 and drop it
whenever we have a chance to get a working x4.0 for m68k. Last I heard, my
hardware is not even supported yet.
I will start building the lastest xfree 3.3.6 tonight, 4.0 has to wait till
after potato, lets give Branden some time to repackage it.

Christian