Re: Mounting CD-ROM (newbie)

----- Original Message -----
From: Christian T. Steigies <cts@debian.org>
To: Rick Todd <rdtodd@i2020.net>
Cc: <debian-68k@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Saturday, February 12, 2000 1:23 PM
Subject: Re: Mounting CD-ROM (newbie)

> On Fri, Feb 11, 2000 at 09:18:31PM -0500, Rick Todd wrote:
> > I'm trying to install Debian on a Mac IIfx. I have successfully
installed
> > the base system. I don't know how to install packages off the CD-ROM.
How
> > do you create a mount point? What is a mount point. And/or, what is a
block
> > device name (comes up in dselect when I say cd-rom as access)?
> man mount
> man fstab
>
> On a debian system the mountpoint (/cdrom) should allready be existing on
> your system, if not, create it (as root) with mkdir /cdrom.

It is interesting to see I was aware of the above.

Although my Debian dist has never as of yet. Being able to detect my CD-ROM.

My setup:

Amiga 030/50, 16mb fast.. Aga, 1x 3.2GB and 24x CDrom.. the atapi devices
are attached through a buffered device.. Although I can see why Debian may
not be able to see them.. Although if poor old amiga OS without any extra
software can @ least see the new channels.. then I dont see why Debian
cant.. it may not be the factor.. but perhaps its the right one.. any
ideas..

Also is it possible to access the pcmcia port.. sine cardmgr seems to be
missing?!

kind regards Dave.