Re: Alt keys in X

On Wed, Feb 02, 2000 at 03:12:47PM +0100, Michael Fedrowitz wrote:
>  Hi,
>
> in the default setup for X the Alt keys on Amiga are broken (at least since
> XFree 3.3.5, possibly even longer; it used to work in very old versions
> though). It is impossible to type e.g. '@' on a German keyboard. The problem
how old versions? I cant remember one where @ has been working, but then, I
was using X only since one year.
> is that the Alt keys are configured as Meta by default; putting
> 'Left/RightAlt ModeShift' into XF86Config fixes the problem. Maybe this
> could be put into XF86Config.eg, or would that break things for other
> systems? Well, at the very least this should probably go into the FAQ. :)
Im not sure if that file could be edited, Branden?
I fixed it with an xmodmap entry, see
 http://www.debian.org/~cts/debian-m68k/myxmodmap
I am pretty sure that I announced it here, when I got it working (not so
long ago). Anyway, I put up all the stuff I find usefull on that webpage, I
wonder what else is lying around there with nobody noticing?

Christian
--
Read the FAQ!                     http://www.linux-m68k.org/faq/faq.html
Download the FAQ!   ftp://ftp.uni-erlangen.de/pub/Linux/680x0/FAQ/FAQ.gz