Re: Booting 2.2 kernel on an SE/30

OK, since nobody has offered up any silver bullets, I'll try Michael's
serial port debug suggestion. Since I haven't connected two machines
with a serial cable since before Linus was in grade school, please
look at the following plan and let me know if you see any evidence of
stupidity.

I think the hardware connection should look like this:

Mac modem port
--> mac style to PC style serial adapter (a.k.a. 'mac modem adapter')
--> null modem
--> serial cable
--> a serial port on my intel machine.

Then, bring up minicom on the intel machine and connect to that serial
port.

Finally, boot the Mac with these options:
root=/dev/ram console=ttyS0

At this point, I should get better startup information in the minicom
session, right?

-- Mark