Install question...

Hi list, my name is Enrico; I have try to install linux on my PowerBook
520 (MC68LC040) but I have found some problem. The install program don't
start, it halts after the title bar; I have search to change some kernel
(2.0, 2.1, 2.2, dedicated for fpe, etc) but the install program don't
start anyway. Now my question is there is other version of install
program (I think it is included in the file root.bin, isn't it?) or is
possible to install manually the base system?
Thanks all

				Enrico