Re: Kernel compile problem... (040 FPU Emulation)

Hi, Christian T. Steigies <cts@debian.org>!
You wrote about "Re: Kernel compile problem... (040 FPU Emulation)":

> Moin, On Thu, Jan 06, 2000 at 05:05:00PM +0100, Andreas Oeldenberger
> wrote:

> > I recently succeeded compiling 2.2.10 on my potato-box by using the

> Might be a bit more difficult (for a beginner) to use than simply
> compiling with gcc272, but do as you like. AFAIK gcc272 is still the
> recommended compiler for kernel compiling, correct me if I am wrong.

Yes, I think it is. But then x86 and A20-Gate come to my mind but thats
OT here ;-)

> Now where is the kernel-image for amiga/atari? Oups, vme has allready
> 2.2 images? Did we agree to use 2.2 in potato?

Well I'm no debian-maintainer, but if there is some demand I could try
to build kernel-image.deb, although make-kpkg is a PITA for ports with
its "on the fly" patch System. What about the .config btw?

Andreas

--
Andreas Oeldenberger           _ -_ -/¯/
andreas.oeldenberger@gmx.net  - -_ -/_/