Re: Backing up

On Tue, 9 Nov 1999, Michael Schmitz wrote:

> > xcdroast problem, but till now nothing...
>
> What's the problem? I doubt I can confirm or deny it; there's no glibc 2.0
> anywhere I could use.
Oh, the problem is, xcdroast simply does not work. Maybe I expressed it
wrong, I dont think its a glibc2.0 problem, you might have the same
troubles :-)
I tried to burn a CD under AmigaOS and it failed, since it could not handle
symlinks, so I wanted to burn it with linux, or at least create the image,
but xcdroast failed, I forgot the exact error, I think it was a tcl/tk
problem... so I NFS mounted all I needed on the PC and burned the CD there.
But I thought maybe others want to burn CDs on linux/m68k and dont have an
extra PC in their local network?

> And I'd have suggested tar cvf /dev/cdrom, of course.
Hum? You forgot to compress it ;-)

Ciao,
Christian.