trying to install on quadra 610

i downloaded the debian 2.1  install, the 2.2.6 kernel, and tried to install
onto my computer.  there seemed to be a problem with the built in sonic
ethernet card in my computer, which i wasn't aware of.  at least there is not
a "card" in my computer.  there is a wierd ethernet port, though, but ive
never used it.  can anybody tell me how to bypass the installer's check for
ethernet to install debian? or anything else that might help?