Re: UnRecognized!

> The drive itself is a Quantum SCSI one that seems to work fine except for one
> glitch.  Each time the MacOS boots, I get the unrecognized volume do you want to
> initialize message for each of these partitions.  Anyone know how to make this go
> away?  The Drive is formatted and partitioned with FWB 3.0 and the Mac OS that
> boots is 7.5.3  The HD does not seem to have an Apple ROM on it, so Apple's
> HDSetup does not seem to want to play with it.  Isn't there a ResEdit or
> something that one can do to make HDSetup play with Non-Apple ROM drives?

The ResEdit hack to make HD SC Setup work with any drive is described on a
web page, the link is in the install guide. But you would have to delete the
offending partitions and create A/UX partitions instead. Maybe it's just the
driver that isn't recognized?
Changing partition IDs should be possible with mac-fdisk.