Re: Release plans for potato/m68k?

Gene Heskett sends Greetings to Michael Schmitz;

>> lha is still _the_ standard packer for Amiga... but I guess that problem
>> will resurface...

>Yep.

>> How about:  Short:    TGZ - Tar Archiver and GZIP in one Script
>> Hmm, freeware, but with restriction...

>Needs pipes which aren't available in TOS :(

There is an 'untgz' for the amiga which I *think* is self-contained.
Fast too, but I don't know about the fbits issue with it.

I've no idea if a similar routine is available for TOS though.

Cheers, Gene
--
  Gene Heskett, CET, UHK       |Amiga A2k Zeus040 50 megs fast/2 megs chip
    Ch. Eng. @ WDTV-5          |A2091,GuruRom,1g Seagate,CDROM,Multiface III
                               |Buddha + 4 gig WDC drive, 525 meg tape
                               |Stylus Pro, EnPrint, Picasso-II, 17" vga
         RC5-Moo! 690kkeys/sec isn't much, but it all helps
email gene underscore heskett at iolinc dot net