Re:

I wouldn't have minded if he asked (even if it wasn't with a please or
thankyou, such is the nature of mailing lists).  But he didn't ask, he
demanded and swore at us, when it's nothing to do with us and he
exptected results.  Luckily for him, we laughed at his pathetic ranting
instead of completely ignoring him and after all that still offered
many varied options of unsubscribing, such kind folks that we are :)

It's just extra easy with the debian lists, especially if you do it via
the web page, it sends a confirmation e-mail to your original address,
it doesnt matter if you have a new one and it gets forwarded
automatically to it. As long as you reply with the e-mail containing
the original e-mail, it will accept the unsubscribe.

There is also the human contact e-mail address listed alongside the
usual unsubscribe details at the end of every e-mail.

If the human contact is a little slow to respond (I'd expect him/her
to be rather busy), it's not like the debian-68k list is high volume,
the discussion over this topic has created more traffic than I've
ever seen on this list within any 24 hour period :)

I don't understand how it could get to the stage of complete desperation
before having to swear madly at people that you expect help from.

Your comments on our comments are misplaced, your wife will probably
agree if she sees the complete transaction of e-mails from the start.