akward hardware

	I could use some opinions on making a debian install on a a Mac
Proforma 640cd.  This thing has a 486 card on it, and I've heard rumors
about running linux on that, but I worry I'll be treading a seldom followed
path, and it's hardly worth it for 486 performance.  If I make the install
on to the 68k side of the machine, will I ever see the intel card again?
And will the performance of linux be better on the 68k chip or the 486 chip?
	I know debian pretty well and I've worked with our porting efforts
on the alpha and sparc architectures, so I understand that either way I'm
going to be dealing with funny issues on this machine, but I think I
can handle them, I'd just like to take in some opinions from some people
that probably know more about this type of machine than me.

						thanks,
						Robert Stone
--
talby@trap.mtview.ca.us		| "Bother," said Pooh as he struggled
finger for pgp key		| with /etc/sendmail.cf, "It never