Re: ok, why won't x work

Im not to familiar w/ debian but heres a shot:

> But X won't start. I only get "can't find config file" and "tried (such
> and such) files"
It might not be X thats not working, the window manager might be whats
giving you troubles
this next statement confirms this:
> The bad news is that the config file is exactly where it said it
> looked!  The config file itself won't run, and the xf86setup is there,
> but won't run either.

Try running just 'X' and see if you get a b&w bg if that works try
startx /usr/X11R6/bin/xterm. if that works try
startx /usr/X1R6/bin/window_manager

> In addition, Linux still won't recognise my modem (a zoom 56 duel mode)
> no matter what I do, so I can't get on the 'net to download a
> (supposedly) working XF86Config file.
This internal or external?

Justin
ph33r the penguin