A1260/SCSI problems

Hello,

I'm trying to install debian on to an A1200/1260+SCSI add-on but the installation is failing during the partition check starting with 'sda:scsi : aborting command due to timeout' and finishing with 'probably an unrecoverable SCSI bus or device hang.'

The scsi chain from the A1200 runs: ZIP100(addr 5) to Epson GT5500(addr 3) to CR-506 CD-ROM(addr 2) to Seagate HD(addr 1) to QuantumHD(addr 0 - Terminated).

The last three units are from a non-functioning A1500 and are powered by an AT-PSU so I tried powering off these three units (2xHD+CD-ROM), formatted a ZIP100 as sda1+sda2 (LNX/0+SWP/0) and appeared to install with no problems.  I say 'appeared to install OK' because when I tried to boot it, I found I didn't have vmlinux in /debian/ and it doesn't appear to be in amigainstall.lha.  But that's a different issue.

Oh, needless to say, everything works fine with AmigaDOS.

Are the max transfer mask settings on the HD-RDBs relevent to debian or should the Ami values be OK?

Cheers

LeeE
--

http://www.spatial.freeserve.co.uk