Re: SOLVED: Re: problem starting X on linux-m68k

Mike Lockwood wrote:
> > What exactly is the configuration error you got?
>
> I can't remember exactly, but it was something like "invalid mode" from
> an fbXXX() call (I can't remember the function name).  The problem was
> that my XF86Config did not have a mode defined for my 832x624 monitor.

The config file should not define anything but the "default" mode entry.
What mode
did the X server complain about (wrong x or y resolution, what else)? This
is the
first little piece of information I ever got regarding this error and I'd
like to make sure whatever wrong information the framebuffer code passes
to X is fixed ...