Re: problem starting X on linux-m68k

Mike Lockwood wrote:
> > There has to be another error message (the PEX font stuff is an endianness
> > problem IIRC and by no means fatal). Please post the fukk output of
> > startx.
> (**) FBDev: Using default frame buffer video mode
> (--) FBDev: Frame buffer device: Macintosh
> (--) FBDev: Video memory: 507K
> (--) FBDev: Type 0 type_aux 0 bits_per_pixel 1
> (--) FBDev: No virtual desktop
> (--) FBDev: Using mfb driver
> PEXExtensionInit: Couldn't open default PEX font file  Roman_M
> Fatal server error:
> Caught signal 11.  Server aborting

That's it: segmentation fault for the X server.
Try a 2.2.6 kernel; I've no idea why that segfault happens but it's been a
persistent problem in 2.0.36 for some people. (So far, I've not been able
to even figure out anything in common among the reports on crashing X
servers. And I've not had the problem myself.)