Networking with SONIC ehternet board

Could anyone tell me how to connect to the network with SONIC ethernet
board?
The machine I use is Workgroup Server 80, which is recognized as Quadora
800 in the boot message.
In the bootstrap, it shows 'eth0 SONIC ethernet found'. And eth0 is also
displayed correcrly with the ifconfig command. However the machine
doesn't answer for the ping from the other networked computers.
The result of the ping from this machine to the others is 100% packet
loss.
This machine has been worked correcrly as a host machine when it is
installed with NetBSD, so I think the problem is not due to the hardware
troubles.